The Editor allows you to add Adobe Flash files, YouTube videos, or Slideshows created in webCommunicator in an easy and intuitive way.
To insert one of the above elements, select the location of the video in the editing area and press the button on the toolbar. The Flash Properties dialog window that will open lets you set configuration options that define the Flash object's source, its size, display properties, or other advanced properties.
The Flash Properties dialog window includes three tabs that group Flash object options: Info, Advanced, and Flashvars (Flash variables). Only "Info" and a few aspects of "Advanced" are necessary. The rest are optional and recommended for advanced users only.
Below is an overview of all General tab elements:
Inserting Your Own Flash File
- Click on "Browse Server".
- Upload and select the Flash file you wish to insert from the File Manager popup.
- You should notice that the Flash element's height and width have been automatically inserted and it is visible in the "Preview" box. You may edit the height and width if you like.
- Set the Auto Play, Loop, and Window Mode options under the "Advanced" tab.
- Press "OK" to insert your Flash file.
Inserting a YouTube Video
Press on the YouTube icon in the edit to insert a YouTube video.
Inserting a Slideshow
Click on the Slideshow icon to insert a slideshow.